Plugin for Word not working

Hello,
I have been working with Zotero and Word plugin in Word 2003 without problems, but now, as I installed Word 2010, I am unable to run word plugin any more with the error "Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again.". On the other hand, integration into LibreOffice works well, so it is probably not a problem of Zotero itself. Description follows:

Windows XP SP3
Firefox 36.0
Zotero for Firefox 4.0.26.1
Zotero LibreOffice Integration 3.5.9
Zotero Word for Windows integration 3.1.18
Microsoft Office Standard 2010
NOD32 Antivirus 8
All applications are localized in Czech.

Steps to reproduce:
Open Firefox
Open Word 2010
Enable macros in a warning window.
Under Add-ins, click Zotero insert citation
error window appears with mesage "Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again.".

I uninstalled Firefox add-in Zotero Word for Windows integration and installed it again - no change.
The same with clearing cache - no change.
I tried to Reinstall from Firefox Tools→Add-ons→Extensions→Zotero Word for Windows Integration→Preferences→Reinstall Extension - no change
I uninstalled Firefox add-in Zotero Word for Windows integration, cleared cache and manually deleted Zotero.dot file. Then I tried to install the add-on again (I also tried to manually copy the Zotero.dot file) - no change.
I also tried to disable NOD32 during installation - no change.

Now, I am totally lost. Does anybody have a clue what could I do to make the plug-in work?

Thank you

Michal
  • Try again with all other Firefox extensions disabled.
    Can you provide a report ID: https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems ?
  • So I uninstalled Word add-in and deleted Zotero.dot file. I disabled all Firefox extensions except Zotero and all plugins except Java, cleared cache, restarted Firefox and installed Word add-in again. First point - add-in is added to Firefox, but not to word startup directory. Surprisingly, error report says, there is no problem (ID: 1505556559)
    Then I used "Reinstall Microsoft Word Add-in" button in Zotero settings. Two folders appear in "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application data\Microsoft\Word". One is "STARTUP", the other is "Po spuštění" (startup in Czech). Both contain Zotero.dot file, but only the Czech folder is recognized by Word. The error is still present and now Zotero error report says, there is a problem (ID: 1318154637).
  • Looks like a general issue, let's bundle these all in one thread. No need to post there unless you have additional information, just click on "Subscribe to discussion" on the left while on that page:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/46078/zotero-integration-error/#Item_17
This discussion has been closed.