Can't save PDF files from Blackboard through Chrome connector into Zotero Standalone

Hello!

I am trying to save PDF files from Blackboard into Zotero Standalone through the Chrome connector (I also tried Firefox) and it isn't working. The save to Zotero icon won't show up in the address bar and when I right click for the option to save as a snapshot from the current page that doesn't come up either. I've reinstalled the Chrome and Firefox connectors and even tried saving the PDFs to Acrobat and then importing. There seems to be an issue with the files coming from Blackboard but the majority of my stuff for classes is coming from Blackboard. How do I fix this so I can save Blackboard PDFs into Zotero? Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • With Firefox: Using the "Create Web Page Item from Current Page" button in the Zotero toolbar should work (that's the toolbar of the Firefox add-on, i.e. you need to have Standalone closed).

For Chrome it's a bit awkward:
    1. You can do a two step: save to harddisk, drag&drop to Zotero
    2. You should be able to drag the URL (click and hold on the little icon at its left) to Standalone and that saves the PDF.

Improvements for both of those are under way, but while this is definitely going to be easier in Firefox soon, I don't have an ETA for Chrome.
  • It worked in Firefox so I guess I'll use that for now since the Chrome solution sounds confusing. Thank you for your help!
  • Hi,

I check the "Bypass proxy for local addresses" on the proxy configuration dialog (windows, control panel > internet options). That solved the issue in chrome for me.

Regards