Making the most of tags...

Hello, I am working with a large data bases of about 2000 articles or so. We are doing a research project and at this point we are doing a lit review with Zotero. The automatic tags that have come through are all over the place. For instance the term "poverty" is tagged in different articles in different ways such as poverty*, poverty/economic, poverty/psychology, poverty, and so on. It would be ideal if we could consolidate those related terms under one term so that when that one term is searched all of those articles would pop up.

If anyone has any tips on how we could go about organizing and tagging such a large database, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • My best advice would be: if you drawing from different databases and want to rely on tags, turn off (or at least don't show) automatic tags. They're great if you're using, say, pubmed and have a single system of tagging. But for multiple databases--not so much.

Alternatively you can rename tags in the tag-selector on the right or you can work with saved searches based on tags, but I'd find this too cumbersome. You're probably better off manually tagging stuff and doing it right.