Cannot sync attachments [resolved]

Hi all,

I'm using Zotero stand alone to collect references to which I attach pdf files. Syncing of references to zotero online works, but I can't see the attachments. I have read a lot of threads about this topic but I still can't fix the issue.
Options are checked in setting menu and I don't have error message.
Should I provide a debug ID?

thank you
  • What do you mean you "can't see the attachments"? Do you not see them listed under the items that are supposed to have them, or can you not open them?
  • Thank you for your answer,

Indeed, I can see them under each items but I cant open them because they seems to have not been uploaded to the server. I can just see their names and details, but can't get the files.
  • In Zotero Preferences -> Sync do you have attachment upload configured to go to Zotero (not WebDAV)? Is it enabled?

In your Zotero client (not on zotero.org), are you able to open the said attachments?
  • Yes to both questions
  • Try using Preferences -> Sync -> Reset -> Reset File Sync History (make sure not to use any of the other options there!!!) then perform a manual sync (click the sync arrow) and let it finish.
  • I've already tried this, but it doesn't make the attachments to be uploaded. I also tried to empty the trash but it neither works :(

Ty
  • Reset File Sync History again, but this time provide a Debug ID for the first manual sync attempt https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
  • Here is the Debug ID : D538888428
  • edited February 17, 2015
    Though, if I understood correctly (and after re-reading this, I may not have), it seems that the files are not accessible on the server, not on the local client.
  • Did you check whether the attachment is available online after performing the sync in that debug? From the looks of it, all files in your personal library are already on the server during that sync.

Basically, see Files Not Syncing and follow the steps carefully.
  • And if it's not available online, let us know the zotero.org URL of the item details page in question.
  • Hi,

aurimas, you are right: files are accessible on the local client but not on the server. On the server, I can only see that references have an attached pdf, I can read the attachment's details, but the file itself is not here, besides I have also the possibility to upload it directly from the server page.
    Here is my library URL: https://www.zotero.org/romain_b/items/collectionKey/KRV635SR
    Dan Stillman, I have already try to follow the instructions provided in the link you proposed

Thank you
  • We need the URL for a specific item — that's just a collection.
  • And could you also provide a Debug ID for opening the same attachment in the client where it works?
  • Ok, here is a given item :https://www.zotero.org/romain_b/items/collectionKey/KRV635SR/itemKey/5NCUJB6Q

and Debug ID : D674256266

NB: i have the same issue for each item of my library
  • That's a linked file. Linked files don't sync, because they exist elsewhere on your computer and the files aren't managed by Zotero.

You only have 12 non-linked files in your library, and they've all synced to the server.
  • Ohhh I'm really embarrassed about this mistake, I had forgotten this detail.
    Sorry to have wasted your time guys for such things :(

Thank you