APA Disambiguation

Ok, within the same Word for Mac document I have 3 Millers. In some citations, they are correctly disambiguated:

(Lundy, Ruth, Telg, & Irani, 2006; J. D. Miller, 1998, 2004, 2010; J. D. Miller & Pardo, 2000; S. Miller, 2001).

and some not (within the same citation!):
(Feinstein, 2011; Frick et al., 1995; Frick & Kahler, 1991; Gregory & Miller, 1998; Lundy et al., 2006; J. D. Miller, 2010; Terry & Lawyer, 1995)

also some stand-alone millers are not disambiguated: Gregory & Miller (should be the same S. as the correct S. Miller 2001 above) and Creswell & Miller (should be D. L.).

I can't find any extra spaces in the Zotero entries (at the end of Miller, for example). I've tried re-entering the Miller in Gregory and Miller, no luck. I don't *think* I've edited anything in the style files, but I guess I can't be certain. The only thing I can think is a problem is that I might have edited this in both Mac and PC versions (though it's set to Fields) and entered citations in each version, and it's saved as a .docx file format.

Is there any way to automatically fix this document, or should I hand-edit the cites at this point? Thanks!
  • this is all correct. APA tells us to only disambiguate the primary author. This looks a bit odd, but it's definitely right. I've corresponded with them about this. They confirmed that a citation like
    (S. Miller & Miller, 2012) would not be uncommon.
  • Oh, geez, thanks. In all my looking, I missed that part.