OVID not working

I am using the OVID translator through my library's proxy. The translator consistently fails, returning the error in the Debug log of "string => TypeError: item.title is undefined"

Debug ID: D1224840304
(It contains two attempts to save the same item, once from the item's individual metadata page and once from the list of search results)
  • which database(s)?
  • It has been happening with each one I've tried (PsycINFO, Embase, Medline, Agricola).
  • Also, just was able to check the translator without going through a proxy. Same behavior.
  • (3)(+0000000): Translate: ignoring <html>

(3)(+0000000): Translate: ignoring <head>

(3)(+0000000): Translate: ignoring <title>Ovid: Search Form</title>
    Looks like the translator is getting a search form instead of a data file (at least, I assume that's not desired).
  • aurimas or zuphilip will have to take that one. I don't currently have access to Ovid at all.
  • Works for me. Which OS/Browser/Zotero setup? Dan, can you post some more debug output pertaining to the POST request?
  • This was Windows 8.1/Firefox 35.01/Zotero FF 4.0.26 (current beta). The problem was first reported to me by a lab member running Mac OS/Zotero Standalone/Safari.
  • (3)(+0000000): Translate: Beginning translation with Ovid

(3)(+0000002): Translate: Manually constructing PDF URL. There might not be one available.

(3)(+0000001): Translate: POST: S=BNGCFPC[...]&R=1&jumpstartLink=1&Citation Page=Export Citation&cmexport=1&exportType=endnote&zoteroRecords=1&cmFields=ALL&Citation Action=S.sh.14

(3)(+0000000): HTTP POST S=BNGCFPC[...]&R=1&jumpstartLink=1&Citation Page=Export Citation&cmexport=1&exportType=endnote&zoteroRecords=1&cmFields=ALL&Citation Action=S.sh.14 to http://ovidsp.tx.ovid.com.ezp3.lib.[...].edu/sp-3.13.1a/ovidweb.cgi
  • @aurimas

Were you ever able to figure out this error? It's still happening for me and other members of my lab.