Chicago style (full note) or (note) produces error in Word Report ID: 1100235248

Report ID: 1100235248

When I insert a citation using Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (full note) or (note) into Microsoft Word 2013 I get the following error that starts off as:

The range cannot be deleted. code: "0" function:
"zoteroWinWordField::SetText" location:
"zoteroWinWordField.ccp"'The range cannot be deleted. code: "0"
function: "zoteroWinWordField::SetText" location:
zoteroWinWordField.ccp"' when calling method:
[zoteroWinWordIntegrationErrorHandler::throwError]

I have tried re-installing the Word add-on several times, and yes, restarting my computer. Interestingly the Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (author-date) styles does not have the same problem, and I am able to add citations using that (but I need the full note style).
  • edited February 8, 2015
    Is that true for an empty document, too, or just a specific one?
    Would you mind confirming your Zotero (and, if it applies, Firefox) version numbers (under about Zotero in the gears menu and about Firefox in the help menu, respectively.)
  • Yup it is true for an empty document and for one written in.

I use Zotero standalone version 4.0.25.2 - although I installed the Firefox version to see if that one would work. I can confirm the same problem for both versions.

I also submitted a Debug report (not sure if this helps you) The Debug ID is D1297139619.
  • We've had one prior report of this: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/37095/id-198172601/
    with no clear solution.

There used to be this exact same problem due to a change/bug in Word 2013, but that was fixed two years ago in Zotero's Word add-on.
    @Dan, any ideas? Can you ping Simon on this?