Merging version

Report ID: 1269466356

I have a large number of items with multiple versions and am having two problems resolving these conflicts.

1. For some of the items with multiple versions, the screen does not have any buttons that allow me to choose which version I want to select.

2. Some of the conflicts are for items that I do not have anywhere in my library.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

weddellb
  • you mean during sync, yes?
    1. You just click on the version you want and then return if you can't see a "Next" key
    2. Make sure you empty your Zotero trash. If you want the item deleted, you can likely choose that as an option in the conflict resolution.
  • Thank you. Yes, the problem occurs during syncing.

I had a large number of duplicates in my library. I turned syncing off and resolved them (I thought) by going to Duplicates and merging items where necessary. Then I turned syncing back on and had a large number of conflicts to resolve. I went through them all and indicated which version I wanted to sync. But then the number of items in My Library was more than doubled. Most of the duplicated I had resolved were now back in my library. What should I do?
  • You need to be fully in sync (i.e., you click the sync icon and it spins for a second and stops) before you merge items.