funding storage for multiple organizations

I have been using Zotero for my own research for a while now and recently moved my institution's research data onto it as well, as a separate group within my account - it's working very well for us.
Now, I'd like to use Zotero for an outside advocacy organization's material and have created a corresponding group on my account. This organization's subject matter overlaps significantly with my institution's, but we need to fund storage separately.
The question: is the best way to do this to create a new Zotero account, or is there a way to separately fund Zotero storage by group?
  • Having group ownership for the 2nd group on another account--either new or existing--is the best and only way to do this.
  • Thanks for the quick reply, adamsmith. I have created a second account (although I haven't upgraded the storage yet). I'll be accessing both my personal account (dfisch) and my organization account (birthrightsbar) from the same computer. What should I do about sync preferences? How will that work?

Question #2 - How do I move the group library (Birth Rights Bar Association) created under dfisch to the birthrightsbar account?

Thanks!
  • there is a "transfer group ownership" button under group settings for the current group owner's (i.e. dfisch) account.

Do you actually need to sync with the birthrightsbar account? If the main function of that is to be the account owner, you can just have it be that and then make dfisch an administrator for that group and have the group synced with your regular account.