Zotero standalone Advanced Search problem

Report ID: 1073930520

When doing some searches with a large number of results, even after I wait until the search is done, I get no results. The following error is in the report:

[JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x8007000e (NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY) [nsIConverterInputStream.init]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js" line: 137}]

Suggestions?
  • out of memory does mean out of (RAM) memory. What size database are we talking here?
  • 6200 items. I have 4G of memory and closed all other programs before beginning. Does it matter that I'm using Java 8 rather than 7?
  • no, Zotero doesn't use Java except for LibreOffice integration.
    That wouldn't seem like the type of size that should cause this.
    Could you take a screenshot of a search that causes this upload it somewhere and link to it? (you can also just write it up--whatever is easier).
  • It seems that the problem is searching for "Attachment Content" using RegEx. I was trying to identify non-indexed pdf's by searching for "Attachment File Type" is "PDF" and "Attachment Content" "does not contain" [RegEx] "."

One other thing - when Attachment Content is on the first line, I can click the arrow to select RegEx search. But when it is on the second line, nothing happens when I click the arrow so I can't choose the search type. Is this a known issue?