Server choice

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to specify an internal server for synchronisation instead of Zotero server (privacy matter).
Thanks.
  • for file attachments, you can specify a local WebDAV server. For synchronization as a whole, you'd have to use a patched Zotero client with your own set-up of the Zotero server. The basics are documented here
    https://github.com/sualk/dataserver/wiki/Installation-Instructions-for-Debian-Wheezy
    but a bit outdated. All of the relevant Zotero code is open and people are using this, so it can be done, but it requires a fair amount of expertise.
  • In fact, I want the database can be opened and used simultaneously by several users.

I know this is possible by synchronization on Zotero servers. But I don't want the database to be located and synchronized on Zotero server but on the compagny internal server (confidential researches).

Is it possible ?
  • Right, that's what adamsmith is referring to in the second part above.
  • Hi,
    I'm exacly in the same case: I would like to store my documentation on a private server for privacy matter.
    The URL in the message above doesn't work anymore. Would you have any documentation or suggestion to help me configurate Zotero and the server?
    Thank you
    J.