Item type: report / paper with ISBN

I come across reports and papers which have ISBNs. For example, one by the
Royal Society in New Zealand can be found on http://assets.royalsociety.org.nz/media/Languages-in-Aotearoa-New-Zealand.pdf. But the item type "report" does not have an ISBN field, and searching by ISBN does not find the item.
  • I have the same problem with a report by the Danish Transport Research Institute.

In my experience all government reports in the Nordic countries have ISBN and/or ISSN numbers, so it would be extremely helpful to present both fields for the report entry type.
  • These fields are likely to be added to Report when Zotero updates its item types and fields after the next major update.
  • I think that's almost certainly a yes on this one.
    https://github.com/avram/zotero-bits/issues/15
  • edited April 9, 2019
    Same problem with Norweigan public reports. Anyway, that's a kind of field that probably should be possible to add to existing item types, as statutes might be published with an ISBN, on specific websites (as Lovdata in Norway, so website title is useful in statutes, but aren't there today). And creating a new item type just for those with ISBN isn't good polymorphy, and it clutters the list of items.

BibDesk on Mac lets you mixin fields from other item types, so you don't have to create specific items for all specific subtypes of reports, thesis, statutes in order to create a complete list of info for the item.

• edited April 9, 2019
    Is Norway part of the ELI system?

(Edit: Fixed country name.)
  • Any update on the addition of ISBN to reports? This is a big pain point for me, and one that I would imagine is rather easier to solve than others.
  • You can add ISBNs to reports using
    ISBN: 978-123456-7890 in the Extra field. That'll be recognized by citation styles and be migrated into the ISBN field once new fields are added to item types (which just generally hasn't happened since this thread was opened for technical reasons)
  • Thanks. Same procedures with DOI? If you have both a DOI and an ISBN, can you record both in the Extra field?
  • Yes, they just have to be on new lines, so
    DOI: 10.12345/67890
    ISBN: 978-123456-7890