Cannot Generate Report(s)

Right click on collection, but the generate report option is grayed out. I have tried some of the solutions suggested on the site in the forums but my expertise is this area is limited. Here is the error report from the Firefox Error console: Error: itemData row references nonexistent item 11905
Source File: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data_access.js
Line: 2908
  • Try uploading your database to the DB Repair Tool. If you still have the problem in the repaired database, e-mail the Upload ID from the tool to support@zot....org.
  • Hey Dan, thanks for the quick reply; just got back to this posting today, did everything you suggested above (just finished that process) and it still didn't work. And, *oppps* didn't get the upload ID, is there a way for me to go back and find that somewhere. Thanks again for this most kind help.

Regards, Rich
  • Greetings Dan,

Not to be too much of a nudge >smile< but before I add the new records to my database, would like resolve the ability to produce a report. Area still grayed-out in the drop down menu.

Thanks
  • Just tried something and it seemed to work, though not exactly what I would prefer. So, my ignorance of the program and the process might be at fault here. In my library I have a collection titled "G(**) Project" and underneath that I have a series of sub collections. If I right click on any sub collection I can generate a report, but if I right click on the the main collection (Goodwin Project) the generate report option is grayed out. Intuitively I thought that if I right clicked on the main collection it would generate a report for the entire collection (including subs).

Is this a limitation of the program, or am I doing something wrong
  • If the parent collection has no child items itself, you won't be able to generate a report.

You can enable the extensions.zotero.recursiveCollections hidden pref in about:config to view children of subcollections within parent collections, but you'll get an error if you try to generate a report from the (empty) parent collection.

A workaround is to create a saved search with Collection set to the parent collection and "Search subfolders" selected and then generate a report from that.