Chrome Extension disables itself after

I am running on a Mac OSX 10.10.1, Zotero Standalone 4.0.23, Chrome extension 4.0.21

The extension keeps disabling itself. I have to go in to extensions and manually re-enable it. Then, within a couple of minutes, it will disable itself again. While it is enabled it correctly writes everything to Zotero Standalone using whatever translator I need, but in general it disables itself before I have a chance to grab the next item.

I attempted to run debug on this, but it shuts down so I never have the option of sending the log to the zotero server. When I start debug from a terminal window, I don't see any errors, suggesting that this problem is isolated to the extension.

Even with every single other extension disabled, Zotero will disable itself within a few minutes. (Note that there is some variability to the length of time before it disables itself. I am still trying to identify a pattern.

HELP. Having to re-enable the extension before I can save any site is becoming a real hassle.
  • I don't think "disables itself" is the correct assumption here. I'm not aware of any code in Zotero Chrome Connector that would make this possible. My best guess would be that something else is disabling the extension. Try creating a new Chrome profile and see if the issue persists https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142059?hl=en (you can revert the old profile by renaming the "Backup default" to "Default" again)