Groups Not Showing in Library in Standalone

I am using Zotero Firefox plug-in and Zotero Standalone through Chrome. I created a group in the Standalone, it shows up under the Groups, but it will not show up in the Library.

The Group does show up in the Zotero Firefox plug-in Library (left part of screen), and I was able to pull citations into the group. After sync, those citations did show up in the standalone, but only when I check under groups.

I want to be able to easily pull citations from my library into my group in the standalone, but the only way to access the group is through the Groups in the standalone.

Why won't the groups show up under my Library (on the left) in the Standalone like they do in the Firefox plug-in?
  • Zotero for Firefox and Zotero Standalone should be sharing the same data directory, or do by default. If you can open both at once, that's not the case. Check the settings in the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences in both, and make sure they're pointing to the same place. (One can be set to the default profile location, but then the other needs to be a custom location pointing to that directory.)
  • in-depth explanation and instructions here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sharing_data_directory
  • Thank you.

I am able to locate Advanced-->Files and folders in the Zotero plug-in, and located the custom data directly path. I cannot locate this information in the Zotero standalone.

You say I should not be able to open both at once. However, my Group information is syncing and showing up under my Standalone Groups page, just not in the library view.
  • Maybe you mean something different by "Standalone".
    When we refer to "Standalone," we mean the program that looks exactly like the Firefox add-on but runs outside of any browser.

Are you referring to the website? You can't move items between groups and your library on the website.