International Orthopaedics

I am in process of using the above mentioned style format for an article. As per guidance the bibliography should be in alphabetical order. however that doesn't seem to be the case on using the csl available on zotero.
I will be grateful if someone can fix it.
Regards
  • edited January 11, 2015
    The International Orthopaedics style is using numbers and I read "The entries in the list [of references] should be numbered consecutively" from the guidelines. I checked one of the sample article as well. Do you have other information?
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your prompt response. I have checked that as rightly pointed out by you. However if you check any articles present on the journal website, you will notice that references are listed in alphabetical order.
    But if think it's not reasonable to change in library based on those examples, then can you please tell me how I edit the existing formula to get it in alphabetical order. Once again thanks for your help.
    Regards
  • We would make the change in the repo if it is clear that they want it like this. I have checked some of the sample articles and the list of references are not in alphabetical order. Which article did you check?

For the alphabetical ordering you can just use this style:
    https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=springer-basic-brackets-no-et-al-alphabetical

(Here also all authors are listed and it is not abbreviated with "et al", but that should be fine for you.)
  • I checked the most recent issue, too, the bibliography isn't alphabetical there, either.
  • Ok I have same problem with Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy journal; may anyone help me with alphabetic ordering as their style on Repository lack this criteria?
  • Looks right. We'll fix this, but in the meantime, just follow zuphilip's advice above, i.e use
    https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=springer-basic-brackets-no-et-al-alphabetical which is exactly the right style.
  • Thanks a lot for your advice yet it did not open when I installed? Is there any alternatives as I am a simple user and not a professional like you.
  • sorry I don't understand -- what happens exactly? This style is no different from any other citation style you have used in the past, so just install & use like you did with the Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy one. If that doesn't work, provide more details about what you're doing and at what point it's failing.
  • when I try to install the file. It choose program to open. I choose most of the defined on my computer like explorer, adobe word note...etc. it did not work. Any suggestions?
  • How did you install the other style?
  • Hi Adamsmith, I click the link, it downloads in the firefox downloads. Then I double click to install, then I had been asked to choose the program to use in the installation process. Non works? so what is the matter?
  • That doesn't really answer my question: how did you install the other style that you're reporting an error with?

And which Zotero version are you using? The Firefox add-on or Standalone?
  • I use the firefox add-on. I just click the link above it opened in the Zotero repository page. I double click it and asked me to save it. when download done. I double click it from the download page. I been asked to choose the program from the list. I used the Adobe, the word, the explorer...etc...non-worked.
    So what is the right way please to arrange my bibliography alphabetically after I applied the style of Surgical and Radiologic anatomy Journal journal from the repository; please.
  • I installed the last version just a week earlier.
  • You can install the downloaded style from the Cite tab of the Zotero preferences if it doesn't work otherwise. Just click on "Styles" then the + sign, then browse to the downloaded file and select it to install.

Unfortunately you're not really answering my questions very precisely (I still don't know how you installed previos style, nor which Zotero version you're using), so it's a little harder to help you, but I hope the above works.
  • I just downloaded the last version available on the zotero web site, Zotero for Mozilla firefox
  • Dear Admsmith, I have no sufficient words to appreciate your great support. it Worked. Thanks a lot.
    May I bother you with another question: How can I adjust the Journal abbreviations in my citations, Please?
  • you can't really, Zotero uses a standard list. The only alternative is to manually add them to the Journal Abbr. field and then uncheck "automatic journal abbreviations" in the document settings in Word.