"Getting Updated Data from Sync Server" - Stuck

Up until six weeks ago I was using Zotero storage, but then ran out of space. I had to wait until the new year to upgrade my Zotero storage to unlimited. I made the upgrade two days ago, and the sync has been running for two days and is stuck at "Getting Updated Data from Sync Server." It says that it did its last update 17 days ago. I have a numerical difference of about 150 items between what "My Library" says on my computer and the online account. I never had a problem before the storage situation arose and am wondering what to do. I have of course restarted Firefox but there is no difference. I don't have an egregiously slow Wi-Fi network. Is the sync just taking a super long time or is there something else occurring?

Thanks very much!
  • Should be better now. Sorry about that.
  • This is happening to me now on a new install of Zotero Standalone. I am trying to get it to recognize my existing Zotero libraries, and despite leaving Zotero running overnight (first time, then closed it), and now for about two hours, nothing has happened except spinning green arrow. I have entered Zotero ID and password in the syncing under preferences and clicked sync automatically and all that. Am I forgetting something? Thanks!
  • Yours should be fixed now as well. There was a temporary glitch with large syncs after we made some server-side changes.
  • It worked today! Thanks!