Report Customization

I think the reports are a hugely powerful tool, but it would be cool if we could customize those a bit... I know that there are some ways of altering the reports post-hoc... but here are a few things I was thinking...

1. Show the citation of the item rather than all the detail in rows. The citation is much cleaner/condensed... and you've already got the code in Zotero to produce the HTML citation anyway... If you want more information, list that below as an option. For example, I could have a list of fields to show in a report, one of those could be citation. Then I could turn off all the others and turn on citation.

2. Make showing attachments and notes optional. I almost always want to see these, but I could see cases where I don't...
  • edited October 28, 2008
    1. Show the citation of the item rather than all the detail in rows.
    That would be great.
    2. Make showing attachments and notes optional. I almost always want to see these, but I could see cases where I don't.
    Type "about:config" in the location bar to display hidden preferences, then set "extensions.zotero.report.includeAllChildItems" to "false."
  • There are a few other useful bits about reports here. In particular check out the stuff about sorting.