ScienceDirect translator broken

Report ID: 950159316
Translator: Science Direct
Link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1097276512009884

Win 8.1, Firefox 34.0.5, Zotero-Firefox 4.0.23.1

Tried with Zotero-Firefox on two different machines and fails on both. Other translators work fine.

THX.
  • For the past 4 days the ScienceDirect site itself has been intermittently having problems. I think that the issue is a tracking script that times out. A test of the problem outside Zotero found the same issue. Going to a ScienceDirect record and attempting to download a pdf (outside of Zotero) causes lenghy freezes of Firefox or Chrome. That may not be the root of your problem but it could be a contributer. It certainly has been trying my patience. Everything works fine if I connect at the right moment with or without Zotero. Then, after a few minutes of productive work, the problem returns.

The issue was mentioned on a listserv for reference librarians. One post said that Elsevier offices seem to be closed this week.
  • but Philipp's problem is an outdated Zotero version. Firefox 34 requires Zotero 4.0.24.1. Update and this should work again.
  • Thanks for the hint! For some reason Zotero stopped auto-updating. Manually updated to 4.0.24.1 and sciencedirect works again.