Bug Report - Zotero wont start

Hi All,

I installed Zotero from the Firefox Addin page. I am running FF 3.0, JRE 1.6 and XP Pro.

Zotero worked fine yesterday, however today it fails to start up. I have tried to reinstall it to no avail. I haven't changed any settings or installed any add ons in FF since yesterday.

Error console reports a number of errors which I have pasted below in the order the appeared in the Error Console.

I would appreciate any help.

nick

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsILocalFile.persistentDescriptor]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js :: getZoteroDirectory :: line 310" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/jlo6dggj.default/extensions/zotero@chnm.gmu.edu/components/zotero-service.js
Line: 136

[extraneous errors removed — D.S.]
  • It looks like you were using a custom data directory location and either the directory was moved or something caused the preference value to no longer point to the directory.

1) Open Firefox.

2) Go to Tools->Add-ons->Zotero, right-click, Preferences, Advanced pane.

3) Reset the directory location to the default location. Restart Firefox.

4) Return to the Zotero prefs and reselect the directory you were using. Restart Firefox.
  • Thanks that got it.

Keep up the good work.

Nick
This discussion has been closed.