Zotero plugin crashes with an existing document with references

I'm using Zotero plugin for OpenOffice both in versions 2.4 and 3. If I add a bibliography to a new dcocument I have no problems, but, if I try to insert citations or modify bibliography in a document with already a bibliography and citations, Zotero plugin crashes.
I created the document in OpenOffice 3, saved in doc format and edited on another computer in OO 2.4. Is this the problem?
  • You can't use the .doc format if you're using Reference Marks, and Bookmarks mode is broken in the currently available plugin.
  • Si, if I use bookmarks, I'm sure references would be lost?
  • edited October 23, 2008
    I'm not clear on what you're asking.

Bookmarks mode doesn't work—you'll get an error if you try to use it. It'll be fixed in the new all-Python plugin, which should be out in the next few days (though only compatible with Zotero 1.5). A new version of the Word for Windows VBA plugin that supports Bookmarks will also be released.

The only currently working configuration is Reference Marks saved to .odt.
  • OK, I'll try to explain. I'm using openoffice 3 with the last version of the zotero plugin.
    I also need to be able to save my article in doc format to allow others to correct it.
    What should I do? to be sure I don't lose my references the first time I save?
    Would it work if I use odt on my pc and then save to doc when I give the documents to the other? They don't need bookmarks to work, they have only to read the references.
  • There's currently no way to save a document created with the OO plugin to .doc without breaking the references, but you can certainly save a copy as a .doc, have other people edit it using Track Changes, and then manually incorporate their changes into your original .odt version.
  • Ok, thank you. One more thing.
    If I want to incorporate changes from the .doc document, do I have to use the merge document command?
    In this case, can I be sure that the merging does not break my references?
  • I don't know anything about the merge document command, sorry. I was referring to simply reviewing the edits and incorporating them by hand into the original document.
  • Ok, thanks, your advice was useful anyways.