Modifying Styles

Hi,

My problem is that I can't get the exact format of style I'm used to work with.
this is and example of it:

Dyer, P. Dogan, G., Bishnu S., Carter, J. 2007. Structural modeling of resident perceptions of tourism and associated development on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Tourism Management, 28(2), 409-422

This is what I get when I used the "Harvard Reference Format 1" style:

Dyer, P. et al., 2007. Structural modeling of resident perceptions of tourism and associated development on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Tourism Management, 28(2), 409-422

This is what I get when I used the "Chicago Manual of Style (Author-Date format)" :

Dyer, Pam, Dogan Gursoy, Bishnu Sharma, y Jennifer Carter. 2007. Structural modeling of resident perceptions of tourism and associated development on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Tourism Management 28, no. 2 (Abril): 409-422. doi:10.1016/j.tourman.2006.04.002.

Really, the closest one is the Harvard style...using the "28(2), 409-422" format instead of "28, no. 2 (Abril): 409-422. " and without the doi:10.1016/j.tourman.2006.04.002."

BUT when there is more than one author it used the "et al" abbreviation for the other authors and I need all of them but not the complete name like Chicago does. Also without the end-of-line on the left of the second line in the paragraph .

I'm sorry is this to much to ask?

does someone know if the style I used to work exist?

I checked the CSLedit tool trying to change some style but it just looks complicated to me (I don't have any programming skills) but I tried believe me without success.

thanks for your help and patience.
  • It would be really nice if user could modify styles
  • Users can modify styles. Presently, they must be comfortable editing XML to do so, though. This is not really "difficult programming," but CSL editors that are more user friendly are certainly desirable.

Re derico: Did you look for non-default styles that would fit your needs? There are several harvard variants.

Let us know if you need a custom style & provide a link to the style manual so that we can properly name & give links to what the style is based on
  • Hi,

well thank you for your help. I'm glad for your fast and complete answer.
    I tried the " harvard - adapted for leeds met(dev)" from the non-default styles and its working in the way I want. I hope this could help someone else.

thanks again
  • After the last posting I realized a "mistake" in the bibliographic output....the style present the year like this :

johnson, P. (1998). Ecological Model for........

what I need is:

johnson, P. 1998. Ecological Model for........

so I tried to edit the style and after some time (several hours) I could erased the parenthesis. Then I realized that there is no dot(point) next to the year and now I'm stuck.
    Now if you follow this post I'm waiting for help here:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/3879/stupid-new-user-multiple-author-style-question/#Item_4

thanks