print or copy middle column

hey,

Is there any possibility to print out the middle column in zotero? I dont want a whole bibliography but just the name of the author, the title and the call number. Thanks to the possible preferences this is how my middle column looks like, but I cant print it out. If I could, that would be great to have a collection or even the whole library on one glance. I know that there is the report function but that takes way to much space. I'd prefer a excel like column. I could than walk through the library and collect all the titels or add information like relevance, read, printed...
That would be cool as an option for zotero itself too, but thats probably specific to everybody's needs and hard to realize.

Thank you for the help in advance!
rittersport84

If there is anybody out there who could help me, I would be very thankful
  • There is no way to do exactly what you are asking. But there are a few options.

1. You could create your own citation style that included only the information you wanted. The Simple Style Generator would probably do a nice job of helping you make that sort of export. http://www.somwhere.org/demo/

2. You can trim down your Zotero reports with the report cleaner. http://jasonpriem.com/projects/report_cleaner.php

In the long run Zotero's report generating capabilities will become much more robust. So that you can specify what fields you want in your report and how they will be aranged. But that is not going to come in any time soon.
  • So, now, 10 years later, have you updated your report capabilities? I want to do a hard copy of my home library.
  • There's CSV export that you can customize any way you want.
  • What format do I use if I want to export to Excel?
  • That is, I tried CSV to Excel, but only was able to export one collection item. I used Ctr-Shift-C to export the collection, but only one appeared in Excel.

• don't use shortcuts. Right-click --> Export collection would be what to use. (Ctrl+shift+c creates bibliographies, not export)
  • Nice! Thank you