Report ID 372395509 - Potential Translator Problem

I think my problem is a translator problem because I cannot save any citation info from my library to Zotero. The error message is that it cannot save the data, no sooner than I try to bring a document's citation in from the web browser, Firefox 34 and I have Zotero 4.0.

Tell me where to go in case I need to reinstall Zotero?
  • "My library" is the library at UIU university library. No database that I use will Zotero capture the information for me. It will however capture webpages outside of the school's library but none of the databases within the library like EBSCOhost, ProQUEST, JSTOR,etc.
  • edited December 21, 2014
    You're running Zotero 4.0.23.1, which is outdated and doesn't work with Firefox 34. Upgrade to the latest version from the download page.
  • But Firefox should also automatically update Zotero by default, so either you haven't restarted Firefox in a while, you've changed Firefox's add-on update settings, or you're running into this issue.
  • It says that there is a connection failure on zotero's end when I went to install, why is that?
  • I should not have to disable my add-on if there is an automatic updating? My firewall software has not interrupted Zotero in the past and I always use the firefox browser so it gets restarted every day.
  • Thank you, Dan. You were right! I found the culprit with your help in my firewall software. I am back on target, and you can close this case file. You are super!!!!
  • (the change in behavior -- why this used to work for you and doesn't anymore -- is due to Firefox increasing security for installing add-ons, btw.)