openoffice 3

Using openoffice 3 with zotero plugin 1.04b leads to the following (repeatable) error:
"Inadmissible value or data type. Overflow"
in line
"mTagStart(nTagIndex) = Len(sResultText)"
of
Sub subParseRTF

I have been using Zotero for since early this year and have hundreds of references in my PhD. That Zotero would leave its natural partner in openoffice and its users adrift is incomprehensible. Can we please get some indication of when the plugin for your wonderful product will be returned to "reliable"?
Many thanks,
Stuart
  • I have been using Zotero for since early this year and have hundreds of references in my PhD. That Zotero would leave its natural partner in openoffice and its users adrift is incomprehensible.
    With all due respect, if the stability of your document was so important, you shouldn't have upgraded OpenOffice without first waiting to confirm that it and the Zotero plug-in were fully stable!
  • Stuart: This error is due to an OpenOffice-specific limitation, and it has nothing to do with OpenOffice 3, as a forum search would reveal.

It's fixed in the new all-Python version of the plugin, a test version of which should be out this week (though it will only work with 1.5).

In the meantime, a workaround is to split up your document into multiple parts.
  • Thanks Dan: as the workaround will be a nuisance, I will await the new Python driver. Also, I really appreciate your indicative ETA for this. Best regards, Stuart