OpenOffice plugin 2.0a does not install under windows 2000

When I try to install the latest python version of the OpenOffice plugin, under windows 2000, OOo3.0 the install exits with this error message:

(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException){{Message="Couldn't load file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pesho/Application%20Data/OpenOffice.org/3/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/4.tmp_/Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt/Zptero.py for reason DLLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface)@0}}
  • We haven't tested the plugin on Windows 2000, but it should work as long as OpenOffice's Python support is working. Make sure you have OpenOffice's PyUNO component installed.

Are you able to install the previous Zotero OOo plugin (which had a small bit of Python)?
  • Yes, It does not work either.
    PyUNO is installed. I tried to test it using the 'Hello world' program from here:
    http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html
    It failed with this error message on the console:

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program>Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "c:\\Documents and Settings\\stoilov\\Desktop\\sw.py", line 2, in ?
    import socket
    File "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Basis\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\so
    cket.py", line 44, in ?
    import _socket
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

In addition an error messages window pops up.
    The window title is: "python.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
    The message text is: "The procedure entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll."

Googling the error message took me to this MS article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955045

Apparently this is an issue with windows 2000 and older versions. There is a simple resolution, but it has to be fixed by the OOo team. I don't have an account to add bug reports at OOo and I don't know enough to explain it well. Can some one of you guys report this to the OOo team?