Webdav sync using mydisk.se

Hi,
I tested mydisk webdav future and it works fine. I was able to sync all pdf files across two computeres using mydisk. I transfered about 100 mb.
You get 2gb storage for free :-)

mydisk.se

greetings mads
  • Hi,
    I seem to be able to sync my files, but I don't know how to access them from my other computer.
    Should I download the zotero folder from mydisk.se and then replace the one in the mozilla profile in my second computer?
    Thanks for your help!
  • zotero deals with the sync - just enter the server details on your second computer as well and (fingers crossed) this will pull down the files on the next sync...
  • I'm sorry to say it doesn't work.
    It seems to be looking for the files in the local disk.
  • Now it's working, I don't really know why though.
  • I'm having the problem that nbayona did. I can sync my files but my colleague cannot access them from his computer. He has used the same server details as I have. Any suggestions for how to get this to work?
  • edited November 21, 2008
    hi
    this is how i did it:

MYDISK
    open an account and name it, example: JOE

In mydisk: make a folder, name it: zotero.
    In mydisk go to: share folders. Select your zotero folder. In status set i to:
    Enable, allow edit.
    Create a guest password.

In Zotero
    Go to your zotero preferences > sync
    In storage server:
    Check file syncing.
    Protocol: webdav (secure)
    url: mydisk.se/JOE.shared
    username: JOE.shared
    Password: guest password

That is all :-)

I can sync to computers using one account. My account password is different to guest passwords. Both computers are using guest password, not mydisk account password.
  • Trying to get the 1.5 beta to sync with mydisk. Originally used /username and password in zotero preferences and recieved error:
    The storage server did not accept the username and password you entered. Please check your storage settings or contact your server administrator.

Tried madsjensen's idea created username.zotero folder in mydisk, allowed sharing/editing with new password zotero. Now receiving error:
    Any thoughts?
  • The error code for the above message is 2141976263
  • mydisk.se is blocking Zotero users. Search the forums for more info.
  • Mydisk has stopped supporting zotero (at least for their free users). See this discussion:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5951/cant-sync-with-mydiskse-secure-webdav/#Comment_28474
  • yahh... sadly webdaw at mydisk is gone... :-(