Can you export your PDF library?

I am wondering how to export my PDF library. It would be great if I could export the library (or an individual PDF) in a specified naming format, say <last name>, <first name> - <title> and so forth.
  • edited October 16, 2008
    Exporting in the Zotero RDF format gives the option of also exporting attachments. There is no mechanism to specify the name of these PDFs at the time of export, though.
  • edited October 16, 2008
    Too bad, I would love to see this feature and other document-management features added.
  • Exporting in the Zotero RDF format gives the option of also exporting attachments.
    I do think the export possibilities are lacking a bit though. Sometimes I wish to share just the attachments of some items (mainly PDF's) with colleagues. It would help if the "Export Selected Items"-dialog would allow users to only export the attachments of the selected items, and not the bibliographic information. In that case, those attachments should preferably not appear in numbered folders as is the case now: perhaps the folders containing the attachments, or the attachments themselves, could be renamed to reflect the items they originated from.
  • edited October 17, 2008
    Sometimes I wish to share just the attachments of some items (mainly PDF's) with colleagues.
    On some platforms, I believe that you can drag-and-drop attachments from the middle zotero pane to your file system.
  • edited October 17, 2008
    On some platforms, I believe that you can drag-and-drop attachments from the middle zotero pane to your file system.
    Yes, but for larger collections of attachments the other option probably would be quite a bit quicker.

When I would use drag and drop for a collection of papers of which I want to share the PDF's, I would either have to expand all items and individually select their attached PDF's and drag those, or create a search for the PDF's and drag the resulting PDF's of that search to the desktop.