Error Starting Zotero with Firefox Portable Edition

I'm using Zotero 1.0.7 with Firefox Portable Edition on a flashdrive. My laptop battery died, and when I plugged in and resumed I got the "There was an error starting Zotero" message in the bottom right corner.

Help in getting it back up again would be very much appreciated!
  • Follow the steps in the Advanced Instructions section of the Reporting Bugs page and let us know what appears in the Error Console.
  • Thanks for replying, Dan.

Here is the only message I come up with in the error console. I can't seem to find a way to report it, so I'm posting it here.

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520010 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NO_DEVICE_SPACE) [mozIStorageService.openDatabase]" nsresult: "0x80520010 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NO_DEVICE_SPACE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 799" data: no]
  • That would seem to indicate that you're out of space on the flash drive.
  • Strange. The flash drive has 16GB, and the library only has about 12 items.

I copied the entire contents of the drive (including Firefox Portable and the zotero folder) to my desktop and tried to run it from there but I still get the error messsage above. Have I permanently corrupted the zotero data?
  • What files do you see in the Zotero data directory (alongside zotero.sqlite and 'storage')? Is there a journal file? If so, move it out of the directory and try again.
  • That fixed it! Thanks!