Error: Version of Zotero is older than version last used

Hello, I am getting this pop-up window that says: "Error: This version of Zotero is older than the version last used with your database. Please upgrade to the latest version from zotero.org. Current version: 4.0.24.1 see http://zotero.org/support/kb/newer_db_version for more information."
There are two buttons: "Cancel" and "Check For Update". When I click "Check For Update", a window pops up "No Updates Found. Zotero is up to date."

I am also using the Multilingual Zotero (MLZ) from Citation Stylist so I need to also install the MLZ app. Is this what is probably causing the conflict in versions?

Thus, I need help as to what I need to do. I cannot seem to launch my Zotero library on Firefox because I keep getting that window that says I need to update my Zotero version and then when I try to update, another window pops up to say my Zotero version is up to date.

Any kind assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • When I installed MLZ, the ML-Zotero appeared under the the Tools Tab of Firefox. Then I got this Message:

Database upgrade error

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630001 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_BUSY) [mozIStorageConnection.commitTransaction]" nsresult: "0x80630001 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_BUSY)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.commitTransaction :: line 497" data: no] [ERROR: database is locked]

Any kind assistance also on this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you!
  • you can't use Zotero _and_ MLZ. it's either or. So install MLZ and stick with it. Then restart your computer and see if you still get that database lock message. If so, add [MLZ] to the thread title, so the developer of MLZ sees it.
  • Thank you adamsmith for your very helpful comments. I did as you suggested and now MLZ is working again for me. Thanks a lot -- much appreciated.