A collection of TAGs (IPTC) from a web service (Catalogue of life)

Hello,

I never use tags in a huge collection of papers dealing with beetles, crickets and other crawlies. Most of the time I just know the paper or I can find it through the "Search" facility. So far, so good...

I'd like to be able to add keywords (e.g. species names) to each paper in order to export a list of Species by Papers (or the reverse).

And what I really would like is that those keywords came from a reference library, such as the "Catalogue of Life". So that I could export the data in an international system and sort the data thanks to the taxonomy.

Or conversely, I'd like to be able to import automatically keywords from a database. Let's imagine I have typed at hand the data a paper contains (a beast, seen there, at that time) in a database. This information is allready available in a digital format so that I don't especially want to retype the keyword of all species...

Thanks for your attention and interest. ¡Zotero forever!
  • you can just past newline separated lists of tags, i.e.
    tag1
    tag2
    tag3

to any item. You can also add a tag to multiple items at once by selecting them and dragging them to said tag in the tag selector on the left.
    To the degree that doesn't address your concerns, I think I'd need a more step-by-step example of what you have in mind.