LibreOffice 4.3.3.2 extension javaloader error

Hi, I have used Zotero for many months and it has helped me a lot. I have used both the linux standalone, browser plugin, as well as LibreOffice integration, along with a Windows Portable Zotero standalone with a Portable FF (Firefox) and Portable LO (LibreOffice).
However, after updating to the lastest stable LO, I cannot use the Zotero LO Integration extension any more. After updating, clicking the buttons in the menu did not do anything anymore. I tried using the reinstall function in the Zotero Preferences, but it produced an error, saying that it didn't work and that I should try manual installation. However, the manual installation gave me the following message in an error box:

(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = "javaloader error - could not find class com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }

I tried removing and installing it again, but nothing has helped so far. I have tried both Java versions 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 which are installed on my computer by choosing them in the LO options, but that did not help either. What do to make it work again? Without the LO integration Zotero is pretty much pointless... Any ideas?
  • you say you're using two different versions of Zotero/LO: on linux and Windows portable. Where are you having these issues?
  • Ah sorry forgot to write that. I'm only using the linux versions of everything by now, so linux FF, linux Zotero, linux LO, as well as all the connector-addons/extensions to link these programs
  • ok, which distro?
  • edited December 2, 2014
    openSUSE 13.2 (x86_64) stable.
  • Just updated to LO version 4.3.4.1, and it works again :)
  • well, that was easy. Glad to hear, Java problems--unfortunately relatively common--are no fun to troubleshoot.
  • Hmm, I don't know so much about Java, played around with it for a short while but never really got the hang of it... Thanks for the support though, these seem like good forums :)