Separating archival newspaper article from ordinary newspaper articles in bibliography.

Hi there

Is it possible to separate all content with the variable "archive" present from the rest in the bibliography? And to set different format depending on if the cited work was retrieved from an archive or not.

I'm contemplating on using Zotero as my research database for my PhD in history. My department (Uppsala, Sweden) has a citation style of its own, but no CSL-style to go along, so I'm editing one to fit my needs.

What I would like to do is to be able to cite my source material as easy as my reference literature.
What I cant figure out is how to edit the CSL so that for instance a newspaper article found in the archives will NOT end up in the bibliography along with the litterature, but a newspaper article used as a reference WILL.
The only difference being that the variable "archive" is present.

Ideally I'd like my style to do two things:
1) separate the two types: archival and non-archival into two separate bibliografies.
I'm sure someone's already done that, I just couldn't find any info on it.
2) set different output in the bibliography depending on the presence of the variable "archive"

As an example.

Citation of newpaper article (note)

From the archives:
“Fult streck av nazispion i Stockholm,” Arbetaren, 17 augusti 1934, ARAB AF Ö.1.2

Same article from the "real world"
“Fult streck av nazispion i Stockholm,” Arbetaren, 17 augusti 1934,

That part is easy - my problem being that I'd like the bibliography to to separate the two, the one WITH "archive" only displaying archive and archive_location

ARAB AF Ö.1.2

.. and the normal article looking like

“Fult streck av nazispion i Stockholm,” Arbetaren, 17 augusti 1934,

(that is, exactly like an article without author normally looks)

Any suggestions?
  • The general idea is simply to do
    <if variable="archive">...</if>
    <else>...</else>

for sorting that in the bibliography would run along the lines specified here:
    http://blogs.eui.eu/zotero/sort-a-bibliography-by-type.html
    it's actually not possible to have an item not appear in the bibliography, but if you just have them appear after the regular bib, you can always delete them.
  • Thank you ever so much!

That worked fine.
    One small question still. Do I understand you correct, that it's not possible for something cited not to have an INDIVIDUAL post in the bibliography?
    So it wouldn't be possible to for the latter part of the bibliography only to display archive and archive location ONCE for all entries from the same archive folder, making the entries "share" one output in the bib?

I'm quite happy with the result from your suggestions, so I'll settle for that if no further fine tuning is possible.
  • Do I understand you correct, that it's not possible for something cited not to have an INDIVIDUAL post in the bibliography?
    that's right.