firefox translator icon is missing in the address bar

Hi,

I'm using zotero standalone 4.0.23 and firefox 33.1.1 on Mac OSX 10.9.5.
Frequently, the cite translator icon is missing in my Firefox. Almost whenever I noticed the missing, I confirmed that I cannot see it on the amazon.com pages to ensure this is not the site-specific problem. Then, I restarted zotero standalone and firefox several times. After the iteration, I got the icon. So basically, restarting the zotero and firefox solves the problem.
However, I'm suffering from this problem for many months. So, if there is a great solution to stop it, I'm very grateful. Thanks.
  • What's the version of Zotero in Firefox? (different from Standalone)

Does restarting Firefox while Zotero Standalone is closed fix the issue?
  • Hi, aurimas

The version of Zotero in Firefox is 4.0.23.1.
    >Does restarting Firefox while Zotero Standalone is closed fix the issue?
    I haven't tried it yet. Let me try it.
  • >Does restarting Firefox while Zotero Standalone is closed fix the issue?

I tried. And it fix the issue. I always see the icon, when I launch the firefox with standalone close.
    Does it indicate that the cause of the problem is on the standalone?
    Is there anything I can test or more info I can give?
  • I'll see if I can reproduce, but I thought we fixed this issue. Can you describe exactly how you're able to reproduce the issue? What exactly are you doing when the icon disappears and what exactly do you open (Firefox, Standalone) and in what order?
  • >I'll see if I can reproduce,
    Thanks aurimas.

To sort out my problem, I've tried the following: while keeping zotero standalone open, I just restarted firefox repeatedly. This reproduced my problem. Namely, sometimes I saw the icon, other times not. I recorded the appearance/dissapearance (a/d) after each restarting of firefox: addddaadddaddaaaddaa. Totally, I can see the icon with 45 % probability.
    Next, I tried the opposite. I restarted standalone and just reloaded the page, while I kept the firefox open after I cofirmed there was no icon. No improvemnt aftet the 10 restart and reload sequences.

It seems that restarting the standalone may not affect the result, although I don't have a clear confidence.
  • Any progress on this? Or, is there anything I can try?

I updated to firefox 34.0.5 and zotero 4.0.23 and zotero firefox 4.0.24.1. No improvement.