Error attaching link to PDF

Error report #: 378798270

For some reason, I started getting this error when I go to "attach linnk to PDF" for a bib item. The link never gets added, and I have to restart Zotero to get any functionality back. I'm using Zotero standalone on Xubuntu 14.04. I'd like to have this feature back, as it's how I organize all my docs. Thanks!
  • Ah! I figured it out. Somehow had a messed up path for my attachments base-directory (preferences > advanced > files and folders). Fixed the path and all is okay. FWIW, the error that comes up when trying to link to a file outside of the base path should probably be more informative. As it is, there's no clues to how to fix the actual issue, which is fairly simple. Thanks!
  • [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST: Component returned failure code: 0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST) [nsILocalFile.isDirectory]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js" line: 355}]
    I think we do still have to fix that, but note that you're still running Zotero 4.0.20, which is well out of date. You should upgrade to the latest version, currently 4.0.23.
  • Ah! Ok, thanks for the info... Now that I think about it, I suppose I haven't updated in a while! :) Will do.