ProQuest SIRS Issues Researcher

Zotero works with all my ProQuest products except SIRS Issues Researcher. Is there a reason why? Is there a work-around? I am currently having my students scroll down to the citation examples at the bottom of the entry and fill in the information in Zotero. While this is still better than doing it from scratch, it would help if Zotero worked with this product.
  • edited November 19, 2014
    likely because none of us has access. Do you have a permalink to an entry in the database?
  • I think that might be the issue and would therefore be a ProQuest issue. It seems in SIRS Researcher there is no Document URL like there is in their other products. Perhaps we should all ask ProQuest why that is not so?
  • we don't need a permalink for a Zotero translator, it just makes it easier for us to see what we can do.
    You can certainly ask them about a Zotero translator -- we've recently been working with another division of ProQuest (the people who produce ProQuest Flow) on a number of Zotero translators, so they might just be willing to do this in house.

zuphilip - do you happen to have access?
  • I don't find any database here with name "SIRS". Thus, I think we don't have access to it.
  • thanks. Looks like this is targeted mainly at high schools, is that right?
  • Yes, it is a high school product. I hesitate giving you our link as it will require logging in and i signed all kinds of documentation about not giving out the user name and password:)
  • yeah, try talking to Proquest. As I said, their own reference manager product uses the same translators as Zotero, so they might be willing to just do this, otherwise send them here and they'd likely be willing to give us trial access while we work on this.
  • will do , thank you.
  • Hi,

I'm one of the ProQuest Flow developers (I also go by sircmyst on Github). I and my colleagues, aepheus and asheremet, have been collaborating with the Zotero team on new translator development and bug fixes.

Coincidentally, we've already working on a translator for SIRS Issues Researcher. It should be ready for a pull request in the near future.