American Economic Association pages stopped working in Chrome

I have been unable to save references, using the Chrome connector, from any of the American Economic Association journals recently.

After clicking the page icon in the browser address bar, the "Saving to" window appears in the lower right corner of the browser window, but nothing more happens.

This is an example website where the problem appears: https://www.aeaweb.org/articles.php?doi=10.1257/jep.28.4.77

It still works if I use Firefox (both with and without Standalone open). The Chrome connector also still works for other pages, such as JSTOR.

I've submitted an error report with Report ID: 701573956.

I'm using Zotero 4.0.23 with Chrome 38.0.2125.111 on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP 1.

Let me know if I'm leaving out any useful information.
  • Thanks for reporting. Working on a fix.
  • Actually this is not going to be a quick fix. That website doesn't have a dedicated translator and is being picked up because of DOI. In the mean time, I would suggest using the Add by Identifier button (magic wand) in Zotero to add the journal article by DOI, which will give you the same result.
  • I'll put this on my list of pages that I'd like to support. Giving a talk on translators on Friday, if this works easily enough, I'll use it as a sample.
  • Thank you all for the feedback. I looked briefly into writing a translator myself, but I have no experience in Javascript, so the start-up cost seems kind of high. One thing I have noticed is that pdf-files are not (and have never been) automatically downloaded from the AEA pages. If someone writes a translator, this feature would really make my day.
  • A translator for AEAweb is now up. Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences. Restart Firefox/Zotero after updating.