[mlz] How to enter Dáil Debates?

I am using Multi-Lingual Zotero. I would like to cite the Dáíl Debates (the debates of the Irish lower house of parliament). OSCOLA Ireland (which is based on the UK OSCOLA standard) specifies this format:

Dáil Deb 5 October 2005, vol 606, col 1690

Following the examples in 'Citations Out of the Box', I have set this up as a 'Hearing', entered the volume in the 'Assy No', the column in the 'Pages' and the date in the appropriate field.

However, the footnote I get is 'Dáil Deb (Dáil) 5 October 2005', which is missing a lot of the required information and repeats the name of the house.

Does anyone know how I should enter this information so that I get the correct output?
  • I should fix this in the style. Can you post a sample showing the correct citation form?
  • Thanks. What OSCOLA Ireland says about these is:

The Official Reports of the Oireachtas are in three series, one reporting debates on the floor of the Dáil, one reporting debates on the floor of the Seanad and one reporting debates in Oireachtas committees.

When referring to the first two series, cite the house followed by ‘Deb’, then the full date, the volume and the column . Use ‘col’ or ‘cols’ for column(s).

Dáil Deb OR Seanad Deb | date, | volume, | column

Example - Dáil Deb 5 October 2005, vol 606, col 1690

Cite debates in Oireachtas committees with the name of the committee, followed by ‘Deb’, followed by the date and page number.

Select Committee on Enterprise and Small Business Deb 30 June 1998, 3
    Special Committee Wildlife Bill, 1975 Deb 1 July 1976, 4
  • Sorry for the long delay in getting to this!

If you install the latest MLZ (4.0.26m500), update the MLZ OSCOLA style, and update the Abbreviation Filter for good measure, things should come out correctly. I've posted a sample of the input layout on Twitter.