"A copy of Zotero is already open. Only one copy of Zotero can be open at a time."

I get this error message when I try to open Zotero after it crushes and I forced quit.
Obviously there is no other Zotero open as far as I can see.

I use Chrome plug in. Zotero crushes when I want to grab more than one thing at the same time, usually two.

I had to restart many times by holding the power button because the mac cannot shut down after this crushes.. I reinstalled Zotero. I turned the autosync off. My files are directed to the Dropbox file. I turned Dropbox syncing too when I grap things. The problem continues.

This is a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 with 8GB memory.

I'd appreciate any help.
  • My files are directed to the Dropbox file. I turned Dropbox syncing too when I grap things.
    If by this you mean that your Zotero data directory is inside a Dropbox folder, then this is not a supported configuration. You need to move your data directory out of the Dropbox folder and run a database integrity check (Preferences -> Advanced -> Files and Folders -> Check Database Integrity).

When you say Zotero crashes, what do you mean exactly? Is it freezing (i.e. not responding) or does it actually crash/closes and produces some error message? What does the error message say? If it's the former, then does Zotero unfreeze after some time? (give it 10 minutes)
    Zotero crushes when I want to grab more than one thing at the same time, usually two
    Grab from where? a webpage? What URL are you testing this on?
  • I see that the problem was the extension.. I reinstalled the Zotero Connector and it seems fine now.
    Also, I moved files from Dropbox..
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    And sorry for the misspelling.