Unable to get syncing to work

I'm having a hard time getting syncing to work. I'm running two separate installations of portable Firefox 3.0.3 with Zotero 1.5sp2.2 on a single computer running Windows XP. The first installation seems to sync fine (both metadata and files via WebDav), although there are some errors reported (Error report 594378294). For the second installation, for which I first deleted the contents of the zotero-data folder, the metadata gets downloaded immediate after opening the Zotero pane, but the file sync only starts after clicking the sync button multiple times. Then the file-sync hangs on uploading ("Uploads (... KB remaining)"), which doesn't time out (Error report 473208508). Finally, if I restart this installation of Firefox it tries to sync again, but it shows an error icon with the message "Conflict! Last known mod time does not match remote time!". Then automatically the file-sync starts, but this hangs again at uploading some data (Error report 961354008).

I checked the database integrity of the first Firefox installation, and it gave no errors.