Style Request: Marine and Freshwater Research

Campbell, J. L., and Pedersen, O. K. (2007). The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. [italic]Comparative Political Studies[/italic] [bold]40(3)[/bold], 307–332. doi:10.1177/0010414006286542

Mares, I. (2001). Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In ‘Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage’. (Eds P. A. Hall and D. Soskice) pp. 184–213. (Oxford University Press: New York)

ISSN: 1323-1650
eISSN: 1448-6059

http://www.publish.csiro.au/nid/129/aid/434.htm#7

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Andrew
  • Okay. This looks very close to the style for Emu - Austral Ornithology. We could speed up here a little if you are doing some testing: First, test the style for Emu extensively for your needs and let me know of any differences to the style for Marine and Freshwater. Then, I should be much faster to create your style.
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

The journal style for Emu - Austral Ornithology is exactly the same as MFR as far as I can see. However, the csl style for Emu - Austral Ornithology does not conform to the the journal style. The main difference is that volume numbers should be bold. Additionally, the journal names should not be abbreviated in the bibliography, but this appears to be an option when first setting the style for a document.

Another confusing aspect is that the preview of the Emu - Austral Ornithology style in the Zotero Style Repository (hovering cursor over style) uses abbreviated journal names, which is confusing when searching for similar styles.

Regards
    Andrew
  • The style for the Emu is updated and you will find it already in the repository (the preview is not yet updated). I will create the MFR style, which just links to the Emu style some time later.

I didn't understand your second paragraph. Can you explain again what problem you encountered?
  • (he was just saying that Emu used Journal Abbreviations in the preview on the repo -- which given the style was actually the right thing to do and will no longer be the case now that you fixed it).
  • Additionally, the journal names should not be abbreviated in the bibliography, but this appears to be an option when first setting the style for a document.
    It won't matter for this, but for future reference, this is a misunderstanding: The option only applies for styles that do use abbreviations and lets you choose between automated abbreviations (the default) or the content of the Journal Abbr. field in Zotero.
  • Thanks zuphilip for your help.
    Andrew