Could Not Save Item--error with multiple databases

Hi: I'm a librarian working with a patron new to Zotero and she's having difficulty getting the Zotero translator to work for any database (we tried Google Scholar, Web of Science, and the Cornell catalog). Same message every time she tries to import citations: "Could not save item-an error occurred while saving this." Report ID=1405490164. She's working with Firefox for Zotero; Firefox 34 on a Mac running OS 10.6.8. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks
  • Zotero will frequently not work with Firefox versions before they're released as final version. She should be using Firefox 33.1; 34 won't come out of beta until the 24th of November.
  • Hello, I'm trying to save a document from EBSCO, but get the following message: "Failed to save this item has occurred, review translator ..."
    I´m using Firefox 34.0, please help me. Thanks
  • edited November 16, 2014
    Firefox 34 is still in beta. Please downgrade to the stable release of Firefox, which is 33.1

Edit: for any further troubleshooting, please start a new thread.
  • I confirm that downgrading to stable release solve the problem. At least it did for me, having the same error using Zotero in Firefox beta (34).
  • going back to 33.1 has partly helped but there are some translators still working. I notice now that FireFox is now on version 35
  • Zotero 4.0.24 is fully compatible with Firefox 34, which is the latest released version. Firefox 35 is the current beta version.