Lexis-Nexis Academic translator not working

I cannot save articles from Lexis-Nexis Academic to Zotero. When I click the newspaper icon in the tool bar, I get the following error: "Could not save item. An error occurred while saving this item." I also tried adding an article from the New York Times web site and that worked just fine. I'm using Firefox 33.0.3 and the integrated Zotero (which is is up to date). The translator worked last night, but not today. The only thing I can see that has changed is that Firefox updated itself this morning. I submitted a report (ID 1149960195).
  • LexisNexis works for me. I just restarted my firefox to update to 33.0.3 and it is still working, e.g. this article. Is that working for you?
  • edited November 7, 2014
    While there may actually be something broken on our side (someone with LexisNexis access will check), could you confirm that this does not work immediately after opening the page? I.e. do not try to navigate to other pages or open more links from search results in other browser tabs in between.

Edit: Thanks zuphilip
  • (I'm having all kinds of trouble with LN, btw., will add more details here later, but short version is that search results no longer work and snapshots are empty. That's obviously US LN Academic)
  • I was able to add the article in the link zuphilip posted. I tried a few others in the search I did and none of those worked. Here's an example of one that doesn't work: http://www.lexisnexis.com/lnacui2api/results/docview/docview.do?docLinkInd=true&risb=21_T20902550730&format=GNBFI&sort=RELEVANCE&startDocNo=1&resultsUrlKey=29_T20902550734&cisb=22_T20902550733&treeMax=true&treeWidth=0&csi=152634&docNo=1. I tried adding from the search results page and after clicking on the article. Neither approach worked.
  • Any ideas on this? Thanks!
  • When accessed via that link, the site just reports that the session has expired (here, at least). If LN have crippled linking to things in their service, you might need to provide a top-level URL for the service, and then a set of hand-written instructions on how to search for or otherwise navigate to the target item.

Gotta hand it to the people at LN for preserving 20th Century methods in the 21st with such care and dedication.