[MLZ] group library not syncing: ID 497001254 or "invalid response from repository"

sync error ID 497001254
Continuous (!) sync error since about the 2-3 weeks with Multilingual Zotero
(Win7, Firefox 32.0.3 & 33.0.1)
After clicking the sync icon, the program syncs for several minutes, then the browser freezes (all windows), then the red sync error icon appears. Clicking on it, I get "this._ leftpane.ref.getField is not a function" and …
in FF 32.0.3 and sometimes in FF 33.0.3: I can send an error report complete with code (which you do not read without an appropriate posting);
at other times in FF 33.0.1: I cannot send anything: "invalid response from repository" – i.e. no error report.
Help? Please? Thank you.
  • you should edit your post to include [MLZ] in the subject to make sure Frank, the developer sees this. The developers of "regular" Zotero don't provide support for MLZ.
  • Dear adamsmith, thank you for advising me. The post has been edited.
  • @KJC_RAC: That error is coming from a local item in the sync conflict menu. The cause is not immediately clear, but the first step will be for me to run some tests in my own account, triggering sync conflicts (intentionally) to see that they are processed correctly. Once that is confirmed, we can look closely at your database to see what is causing the error.

(I've sent a message via the forum Inbox; it will save burden on the forums if we do the back-and-forth debugging correspondence by mail, and report the results to this thread when we're done.)
  • edited November 4, 2014
    We are a team of tree and working on different machines (notebook, desktop) in order to access our database. We all use the same login, and the error occurs on one machine constantly and on another sometimes. All machines run similar programmes - could it be a browser bug? It started only a couple of weeks ago. Thank you.
  • I did follow through and checked the MLZ sync conflict behavior at the weekend. It works normally.

Before we look into sync itself, where is the database located? (If it's shared using Dropbox or something similar, that would be important.)
  • Today we got advice from our local IT staff: since our data are stored on the Zotero server, we (IT & me) tried "restore from server" - that seems to have solved the problem at least for now. If the error reoccurs, we will have to reinstall the add-on. Thank you very much for your time!