[Word Processor Plugin/ Idea] In-text citation / Suppress Author

Dear Development Team,

I just had the following idea, which I guess should also be relatively easy to implement for non-numerical styles such as APA and definetly help us users a lot.

Once you insert a citation with Zotero, it would be as following in the example as a standard (without the suppressing author option):
"APA style is a difficult citation format for first-time learners (Jones, 1998, p. 199)."

Once you would cite as following, it becomes more complex:
"According to Jones (1998), APA style is a difficult citation format for first-time learners."

And now the idea:
Wouldn't it be possible (e.g. with a checkbox, such as the suppress author option, to insert the citation in the following format
[{author} {year}] instead of [([author}, {year}]?
Sorry, hard to describe, but in the end, it would be more moving the "(" and the ")" in the citation, depending on which you summarize or paraphrase.

Benefit:
Once you do a zotero refresh in the word processor plugin, it would stay in the 'right format' instead of always going back to the 'standard', which might not be always suitable as shown above in the example.

Possible drawback:
Might not be suitable for all citation styles.

What you do you think? Would that be possible?
I guess this might be of great help for a lot of us end-users, while it might be relatively easy to implement.