How to suppress a title for an inline TV citation

Hello

Just started using Zotero. What an excellent tool! I am citing with Harvard Referencing, and when I reference a TV show, it appears like (“Orphan Black,” 2013). I drag and drop citations into Scrivener, BTW, and then output to ODT and RTFScan. Anyway, I can't figure out how to suppress the title. I want it to look like Orphan Black (2013).

Thanks!
  • do you use RTF Scan (the one that's built into Zotero) or ODF scan (i.e. the add-on)? The latter handles that with a minus sign, the former might not be able to do it.
  • I am using ODF scan. Suppress authors works, as well as suppressing directors for films. But TV references are still off.
  • which citation style exactly?
  • Adam

Elsevier Harvard. But I must have tried five or six of the big ones (APA, Chicago, MLA, etc.).

I couldn't find one that will output a Bibliography like:

Heroes 2006, television series, Tailwind Productions in association with Universal Media Studios, Los Angeles, California.

Or do inline citations like

Heroes (2006).

The inline citation is the real trouble. I will write the actual name of the show in my sentence and then drop in the citation, expecting to suppress title and director so that just the date shows up. Of course, this works well with films.

But, I am having trouble with TV inlines and outputting a filmography (the latter less of a problem because I can fix that manually). What I don't want to do is to have to go into the formatted document and start messing with the inline citations.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • It looks like suppress author never suppresses titles, which I think is either a bad decision or a bug. I'll try to investigate, but won't be super quick, unfortunately.
  • I'll take a look this weekend.