how to change 'retrieved from' to 'viewed'?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use Zotero test pane to create a reference style based on the existing style "Harvard - The University of Sheffield - Town and Regional Planning".

This is an example of a bibliography:
Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the PRC. (2007). Measures of Low-rent Housing. Retrieved October 13, 2014, from http://www.gov.cn/flfg/2007-11/27/content_816644.htm

I'm wondering how can I change from 'retrieved' to 'viewed' or 'accessed'?

Below are the codes that I think relevant:

<macro name="access">
<group>
<text term="retrieved" text-case="capitalize-first" suffix=" "/>
<date variable="accessed" suffix=", ">
<date-part name="month" suffix=" "/>
<date-part name="day" suffix=", "/>
<date-part name="year"/>
</date>
<group>
<text term="from" suffix=" "/>

However, when I replace 'retrieved' to 'viewed', the 'retrieved' showed on the lower window of the test pane disappears, without 'viewed' showing up.

I'm wondering shall I change other codes?
And how can I save the changed codes? I cannot find any 'save' button.

Basiclly I know nothing about coding. That's why I'm struggling. It would be great if someone could save me from the mess. Thank you so much!
  • There is a save button at the top left, so that should be easy.

As for retrieve vs. viewed:
    The most elegant way to change this is to add this at the beginning of the style, right after the info section (i.e below </info>)

<locale>
    <terms>
    <term name="retrieved">viewed</term>
    </terms>
    </locale>

If there already is a part with <locale> there, just insert the line starting with <term somewhere between <terms> and </terms>

As an alternative, you can also just change <text term to <text value in the section that you have and then Zotero will print whatever follows. A lot less elegant/flexible as a solution, though.
  • Thank you so much! The most elegant way works! I saved it as 'xul'. But it seems that I cannot add it to Zotero reference style list. I changed the suffix to 'csl' but Zotero said it's not valid. So what can I do in that case?

Thanks!
  • no, there is a "Save" button in the pane itself. Don't use Firefox's. I hope you still have it open?
  • Yes I'm using Zotero standalone Mac version. I cannot find 'save' button within the test pane interface. So I choose 'save' button under Zotero 'File' category. (Hope I make myself clear...)
  • edited October 22, 2014
    I understand that, but that Save won't work, unfortunately. It'll save the entire webpage, not your style.

Are you sure there is no button that says "Save" at the top of the test panel, next to Refresh?
  • Unfortunately no. I wish I could show you the screenshot!
  • You can upload to dropbox or imgur.com and link to it here.

Could you also let use know your version of Zotero, please?
  • I just updated to the newest version and found the 'save' button!

Thanks a lot!