Cannot initialize(open) due to Exception 0x80520010

I am using zotero 4.0.23.1 as iceweasel(beta, 34.0a2) plugin.
I just imported many PDF files and build up my own library with several subentry structures. I was trying to do a sync and went out. When I came back, I found that there was a red alert icon next to the sync icon. I tried syncing again, but the red alert icon still appeared. So I restarted iceweasel, then Zotero was never up with the following error:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520010 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NO_DEVICE_SPACE) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80520010 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NO_DEVICE_SPACE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.query :: line 149" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO itemTypesCombined SELECT itemTypeID, typeName, display, 0 AS custom FROM itemTypes UNION SELECT customItemTypeID + 10000 AS itemTypeID, typeName, display, 1 AS custom FROM customItemTypes] [ERROR: database or disk is full]

I still have about 1G in my /, and /home is in the same partition.
  • edited October 22, 2014
    What distro?

Check all your partitions. The times we've seen this have been due to either people's being confused about where their Zotero data was or (maybe) the system erroneously reporting that it was out of space. (I think we saw the latter on Arch Linux, though it's not totally clear that it wasn't user error.) In any case, there's nothing we can fix on our end for this.

Also, if you're running a development version of Firefox, you should be running the Zotero beta as well. The released version of Zotero often isn't compatible with the latest Firefox dev builds.
  • edited October 22, 2014
    IIRC some partitioning schemes reserve some percent (5?) of the disk space for root user. 1GB sounds reasonable (if not small) for 5%. Not sure if that space would be reported as free to the user though.

Edit: nvm, that space is not reported as free (seems like it's not reported as free to the root user either)