non-reference footnote

I have a rather basic question. I am writing a PhD in Art History and need to have a large number of footnotes that are reference-based (ie. classic zotero note) but i also have a number of non-reference footnotes that are simply my own comments to what i have written in the main text. This might be clarifications or detours etc. Here, as far as i can tell, i can't use the zotero note as it needs me to add a reference which i don't want to do. If however, i just add a footnote via the word-insert menu, zotero writes 'ibid' etc in reference to the last zotero note, not solve this?
  • edited October 20, 2014
    I think we had a report of this a couple of years ago, and fixed it. It works correctly for me here (that is, a Zotero-created note following a manually created footnote containing no Zotero references will not show as "ibid").

What platform are you using (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux), what version of Firefox, and what version of Zotero?
  • thanks for quick respons! You are so right - I have been using Zotero Odt on my 7-year old mac, and i had a pretty old version then because of the old operating system not being able to handle anything newer. Now that i've tested it on my new mac it seems to work as i want it to. Thanks!