"View Online" option for library catalog items

Hi,

I'm using Zotero Standalone with Google Chrome Extension. When I import library catalog items from Princeton's main library catalog (http://catalog.princeton.edu/) by pressing the blue Connector icon on the browser bar, I can import the reference fine, but there is no "View Online" option when I right click or double click the item in Zotero Standalone. I can right click and "Add Attachment," "Add Link to URL," copy and paste the catalog URL from my Chrome browser bar, and then view page by double clicking in Zotero Standalone, but these seems incredibly labor intensive -- especially since when I do the exact same steps in other university libabry catalogs (i.e. Columbia, UIC) and the URL is automatically assigned to the Zotero data in Standalone reference, and I can go directly to the catalog page by clicking on it.

I know I can do a "Library Lookup" for the un-linked Zotero files, but I often work remotely, so it does not default looking up in Princeton's library catalog.

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks!
Meagan
  • we're planning to support this for Primo (the cataloging system that Princeton uses) but it's made harder by the fact that many instances of Primo don't actually have permanent links to items. I believe Princeton does, but we'll need to figure out a way to distinguish the two.
    but I often work remotely, so it does not default looking up in Princeton's library catalog.
    you can specify the lookup engine to use for that, though. That shouldn't change when working from off-campus. I believe the Princeton LibGuide for Zotero has the exact URL to put into Zotero (in the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences).
  • Thanks -- this was incredibly helpful!
  • Permalink is a new feature in primo version 4.8 (?). Thus, it depends on the update plans of the different libraries. (@adamsmith: Primo is not a cataloguing system, it is "just" the online presentation part.)